The Gerry Aust Rotary High School Scholarship program provides _ students from each high school in Tustin Unified School District with a $500 – $1000 one-time scholarship to be used for higher education.
Gerry Aust was a long-time member of the Rotary Club of Tustin-Santa Ana, serving many years on the Executive Board, including President. He worked for 37 years in the Tustin Unified School District. During his career Gerry taught at Utt and Hewes middle schools and served as assistant principal at Hewes. He went on to serve as principal of Arroyo and Veeh elementary schools, and at Columbus Tustin and Utt middle schools. For many years, Gerry managed the selection procedure and interviews of Rotary’s scholarship candidates, and often supplied additional funds himself, to make sure higher education dreams would be fulfilled.
This year (2022) applications, interviews and awards will be conducted entirely ONLINE
How to apply? Online Scholarship Application
Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, April 8, 2022 at 9:00pm.
How it works (after submitting your application):
- We will contact your school to discuss your application with counselors and other school staff
- We review each application and select those candidates who will receive an interview.
- We will then arrange (by phone and/or email) to meet with selected applicants for interview using the ZOOM App.
- We will inform the selected applicants via email and arrange to present your award at a Rotary Club meeting (noon at the Santa Ana Elk Lodge). Date TBD.
- We will also make a presentation to the students during Senior Awards Night or graduation ceremony, whenever that takes place
QUESTIONS? Please contact Laurie Abelove at 949-400-5150 or email@example.com