Navy Salvage Operations – Dick Anderson, former Deputy Director of Navy Diving and Salvage
Veterans, wear your service connection with pride.
Navy Divers are part of an extraordinary community. They journey anywhere from the darkest depths of the world’s oceans to freezing arctic-like conditions underneath icebergs, accomplishing a number of tasks only few can perform, with no margin for error.
Navy Divers may be expected to:
- Perform a variety of diving salvage operations and special diving duties worldwide
- Take part in construction and demolition projects
- Execute search and rescue missions
- Support military and civilian law enforcement agencies
- Serve as the technical experts for diving evolutions for numerous military Special Operations units
- Provide security, communications and other logistics during Expeditionary Warfare missions
- Carry out routine ship maintenance, including restoration and repair
for more info see: https://www.navy.com/careers/navy-diver